Rent – Mortgage Assistance
RENT-MORTGAGE ASSISTANCE POLICY
- To be eligible for utility assistance, the client must have Sickle Cell Disease and be a Mid-South Resident (Crittenden County, Arkansas; Desoto County, Mississippi) or reside in the State of Tennessee.
- The Sickle Cell adult client/guardian must present a valid picture ID to receive the rent/mortgage assistance.
- The Sickle Cell client consumer/child’s guardian must present a eviction or foreclosure notice in order to receive assistance. Additionally, client must allow Sickle Cell Foundation of Tennessee (SCFT) staff and/or referral agency contact the landlord or lender for verification.
- Each client can receive a maximum of up to $100.00 per calendar year. Funds are distributed on a first come first serve basis. Funds will be distributed directly to the landlord or the financial institution lender.
- The lease or mortgage must be in adult Sickle Cell client’s and/or guardian’s name.
- These funds shall be used as the payer of last resort; therefore, clients must exhaust other community resources prior to receiving assistance through Sickle Cell Foundation of Tennessee (SCFT). Proof shall be presented in the form of denial letters from those community agencies and/or a referral from Diggs Kraus Sickle Cell Clinic.
- If a client becomes incarcerated, all services are ceased until released.
- This assistance will be available until the funds are exhausted.
Note: All assistance is based on available resources. All forms must be signed, dated and faxed to 888-695-0006 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
SCFT Rent-Mortgage Assistance Policy PDF